Monday, May 4, 2015

Musings From My Little Notebook

     I thought it might be a fun idea to share with you all a little piece of myself.  Over the past couple years I've been keeping notebooks.  These notebooks hold my random little thoughts throughout the day as well as notes from sermons or talks I've gone to.  The most successful notebook I have kept (successful as in I made it all the way to the end of the notebook before abandoning it for a new one) was a simple soft cover lined notebook my sister gave me.  It has a tree on it if that's of any importance...  Anyways, I have decided to share with you some quotes, notes, and phrases I have jotted down in here.  There is no order, other than that I'm just flipping through my notebook page by page to seek out the things that stand out to me the most.  I must warn you, there is absolutely no cohesiveness to the things I'll be sharing with you.  Some are personal musings, some are silly sayings I've doodled, and some are poignant phrases from my sermon notes that I hold of high importance for myself personally.  Either way, I hope you enjoy a journey through my notebook. 

Love is crazy.  Love is confusing.  Love is complicated.  Love hurts.  Stop. Believe. Take a second look.  Love is forgiving.  Love is simple.  Love is free.  Love is true.

So... I choose to be grounded!

Futbol. *accompanied by a sketch of a futbol/soccer ball.  it's actually quite a good sketch.  yes, i quite like it.*

Be Bold.

Those who are accountable are successful.

You are fearfully & wonderfully made.

Keep on keeping on.

"He's so deep."
"Deep in everything except Christ, which is the most important.  More than anything you should strive to be deeper in Christ."

You are beautiful.

God still rescues.

Deny your other pathetic pursuits & run Hard after God, because nothing else matters.

Marriage is not about being in love, it's about an agreement to love.

Seeking wisdom.

Gal. 6:2 "Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ."

Clue 1: "Urine This Together" 
A scavenger hunt is what you've been sent on.  
As a team, work together, to find whodunit and the weapon.

Full of love
You are love
Full of life
Gracious and True
And You gave yourself
To bring us to You

Seek knowledge rather than riches.

Morning coffee with sparkles.  *accompanies by a full page drawing of a unicorn sitting on a tree stump, next to it is another tree stump holding a cup of coffee.  oh!  and there's a jackalope at the the unicorn's (feet?  hooves?) with its own small cup of java.*

Reconciled to be a representative.

I am God's precious creation.
He is my magnificent creator.

Speak love
Live love
Give love

*there is seriously just a full page of these two cartoon guys i drew having nonsensical conversations with each other.  for instance, the first scene the first guy says "bagels" and the second says "orange juice".  Another goes, "Pineapple." "Lemons."  It's basically them just arguing over similar objects in each scene.  That's all.  I'm weird.*

Renovate my heart.

Beauty, beauty, beautiful.
Glory, glory, glorious.

Strive *i wrote this big... twice.  all fancy and stuff too, so it must be important.*

We're living for something greater.

*picture of an alien*

He's almost the opposite of The Wizard of OZ.  He is always greater!

*doodle of a panda bear lounging next to a glass with a bamboo stick sticking out of it.* 

*lots of drawings of lions and people laughing.  drawing research for a sculpture.  there is also a drawing of Jughead Jones laughing.*

Focus.  Where is your focus?

Bonjour!  Je suis Julie... Je suis un étudiant et un artiste.

"see you soon."
A bientôt!
hasta pronto

We were never meant to battle sin alone.

Are you choosing to walk with people of wisdom?

Prayer requests from my MPACT group *accompanied by a doodle of "Marky-Mark the baby shark" a shark driving a train named "The Focus Train"*

The lion has roared.

He wants the whole person!  He is a consuming fire!

You don't create meaning, you discover meaning.

*in cursive* "jungle cat", "jackalope", "cursive sucks", "bro do you even lift?"

"You are not your own."

*also in cursive.  very bad cursive.* "I give it all to you God trusting that you'll make something beautiful out of me.  I lean not on my own understanding, my life is in the hands of the maker of heaven.  i will climb this mountain with my hands wide open."

Your love overflows & overwhelms.

His death mattered.

*a lot of series graphic notes and doodles all throughout this thing.  i'm telling ya, this was my everything notebook.*

Netflix password. (please don't steal my notebook.)

1. Winnie the Pooh - fave Disney character.
27. fave quote:  "Faith, trust, and pixie dust."

*another pointless drawing of a soccer ball.  this time with a foot kicking it... so there's that.*

choose joy.
give grace.

The wise man built his house upon the rock...

"God's word is shallow enough for a baby to play in yet deep enough for a theologian to drown in."

Pursuing Life In Christ TOGETHER

*a drawing of some random Asian guy on campus*

We speak as men approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel.  We are not trying to please men, but God who tests our hearts.  1 Thes. 2:4

You are loved.  You have been rescued.  You were created for a purpose.

So that's about it for my notebook musings.  This doesn't even come close to all I have in that little thing, but it's a snapshot of what is there.  

~XOXO Juls

P.S. You guys are fantastic! :D





No comments:

Post a Comment