The Man List

My dear readers, it sure has been quite a while.  I've missed you dearly, and I've certainly had some interesting things happen since we've last spoken.  Buuuuut... we can get to that later.  I have something I want to share with you! 

I've always thought it important to be intentional about what you're looking for when it comes to a relationship even when you're still in the single stage of life.  I've thought through it many times and I've even made lists of the important qualities of the future Mr. Right.  Now don't get me wrong, I don't think these lists can be completely quantitative.  But I do believe that it's good to lay out the necessities of what's important to you.  

My list is broken up into two parts, the first is the things that I hold to be more important, the second part is things that I wouldn't mind but don't NEED.  So without further ado (in no particular order), this is some of

The Man List
--------------------------
  • loves Jesus & wants to pursue His glory
  • respectful of women
  • family man (can get along with my family & his own)
  • can make me laugh
  • intelligent
  • compassionate
  • encouraging
  • spiritual leader
--------------------------
  • great smile
  • musically inclined
  • willing to play Dutch Blitz (at least sometimes)
  • fun to be around
  • great hair
  • nice arms
When I originally wrote this down I followed it up with a written prayer about God's will in the matter and that whatever the outcome that it bring God glory.  And then I wrote "Intentionality" really big along the side of the page.  I wanted to remind myself of why I wrote the list in the first place.  To wrap up I'm going to include a quote from a lovely friend of mine which she said when I asked her for advice about writing this post in the first place, "I like how you incorporated that you wrote a prayer and giving all the glory to Him. We forget that it's always been in His hands. However, doing this reminds ourselves to seek the things God wants us to look for. They are His special clues to us.  We are distracted by the few things that God knows we don't need."

XO Juls



Comments

Popular Posts