A Julie By Any Other Name...

Names, they represent who we are at a very basic level.  They are our first impression.  
Sometimes I like looking at what a name actually means and compare it to what I know about the person themselves.  It's shocking how in sync they can be.

So I am going to give you the meaning behind my name, judge for yourself as to if it fits my personality or not.

Julie
means 'youthful, beautiful, and vivacious'.
My middle name means grace, and my last name means sexton or churchwarden.

When I first looked up my last name I was a little amused, because I am currently an intern at my church.

I even know the meanings behind some of my friend's names and they seem to fit on the most part.

Aubrey
means 'ruler of the little people'

Shannon 
means 'small but wise'

Jackie
means 'supplanter' and 'may God protect'

Nicole
means 'victory of the people'

Even when I write stories I look into what my character names represent and what they mean when I'm naming them.  For instance,

From my Guardians of the North post:

Androcles
means 'glorious man' and comes from Androcles and the Lion
The last name I gave him is 
Löwenherz
which means 'lion-hearted'.

Besnik
means 'loyal'

Shylah
means 'loyal to God'

From The Beast of the Lost Island post:

Sigurd
hero of the Norse legend the 'Volsungasaga' who could understand the language of birds.

Ermete
means “Hermes” in Italian, associated with speed and good luck

Trómdelos
means 'Terror of Delos'

What does your name mean?  If you don't already know then I encourage you to look it up sometime.  Then see if the meaning is a surprisingly good fit for you like it was for me.

-XO Juls

Comments

Popular Posts