Why I Don't Post Errday

Easy answer?  I'm super lazy and frankly it doesn't cross my mind all that often.  I don't mind not having a blog that demands daily posts (I even said that in my first post to this blog).  

But even more than that, I have always felt that when I post it should be meaningful.  It should be about something I'm passionate about and should be WORTH READING.  I'm not saying everything I have posted IS worth reading, I know it's not.  I also know that I'm very self-critical... But any-who I am the type of person that believes when you write something it should have a purpose.  ((This unfortunately doesn't always apply to my Facebook posts, but hey, sometimes you've just got to quote Julian Smith videos back and forth with someone for an hour.))  

If I'm going to sit down and take the time to write up a post, I want to make sure it's something that will impact someone in a positive way.  I've always wanted my overall purpose for writing to be to "inform, inspire, and create desire".  You could also add in "make the reader laugh & smile".  

I'm not trying to knock on the types of bloggers that just sit down and write about whatever comes to mind, I just don't really see the point.  If your post doesn't have a purpose... then what is it doing??  All-in-all I just wanted to say that if you haven't seen me post in a while it's probably because I'm critiquing all of the post ideas flying around my ever-active brain.  So please, be patient with me. :)

^^This probably wasn't the most well written post.  That's probably because I spontaneously decided to write it at 2am.  Ironic huh? 

-XO Juls

Comments

Popular Posts