5 Best Music Videos

     I love seeing the creativity that goes into music videos and getting to see how the artist expresses their song visually.  I picked some of my favorite music videos and compiled a short list for you.  These videos are creative and sometimes retro/vintage.  I liked most of these songs before even seeing the videos for them, but the videos make them 10 times more enjoyable.  I won't say much about each individual video because I really want the artists' voices to speak for themselves.

5. Meg & Dia - Black Wedding


I love how Meg and Dia's style is a little haunting and vintage-glam in general, but this video showcases it best.  

4. Family Force 5 - Chainsaw


This is one of the few songs I first heard when I watched the video.  Either way though the video keeps up with the energy of the song which is key and Hello? Flannel!

3. Karmin - Pulses


Like I mentioned before this video starts out retro & hilarious.  George Takei just makes my day!  I also love the use of the lack of color.

2. Beautiful Eulogy - Symbols & Symbols


The sketch overlay is creative and fun but doesn't take away from the heaviness of the subject of the song.

1. Kimbra - Good Intent


Kimbra is the music video queen to me.  She's not only one of my favorite artists but I also love the style of her music videos.  Good Intent is my favorite but I also love Settle Down and Cameo Lover, just to name a few.

::Bonus::
Aly & AJ - Potential Breakup Song


I know it's a little dated but I've always loved this video for the effective use of grayscale vs color and the paint splatter effect.

-XO Juls

Comments

Popular Posts