21: One Of My Favorite Shows

I feel like this post is uber appropriate since I watched like 5 reruns of it earlier...
21: One Of My Favorite Shows

Those that I'm closer to should already know what show I'm referring to, and if not then you probably also don't understand half of the references that leave these lips.  C'mon son.

My favorite show will soon be entering it's 8th season in which the most dashing detective duo on TV will resume catching the bad guys with psychic flare.  That's right my favorite show is wait for iiiiiit....

Psych

You know that's right.

Basic Premise:  Shawn Spencer is a psychic detective who works as a consultant for the Santa Barbara police department.  He's also not really psychic.  His partner in 'solving crime' is Burton 'Gus' Guster, a pharmaceutical salesman.  The detectives he partners with are a peppy young blonde detective named Juliet O'hara and the sterner head detective of the SBPD Carlton 'Lassie' Lassiter.  While solving numerous crimes Shawn is also simultaneously restoring his broken relationship with his father Henry Spencer, a retired cop who worked for the SBPD.  Shawn and Gus' crime solving methods are a little unorthodox, and filled with 80s references.  


Favorite Episode: Last Night Gus
Shawn, Gus, Lassie, and Woody (the medical examiner) wake up in the Psych office not able to remember what happened the night before.  This sends them on a quest around town as they begin to piece together the night, oh and also prove that Lassie didn't kill a guy. 
     Best quote from that episode:  Woody: "Guster, your cholesterol is dangerously high."
                                                               Shawn:  "I told you eating something called Stick-of-                                                                                        butter-in-a-bun was a bad idea."
                                                               Gus:  "I can't help it Shawn.  My body craves buttery                                                                                     goodness."
                                                               Shawn:  "You are buttery."
                                                               Gus:  "You know that's right."


Favorite Villain:  Pierre Despereaux 
Pierre is an infamous art thief played by Cary Elwes (that's right, The Dread Pirate Roberts himself).  

This show captured my heart as soon as I started watching it, from all the 'Gus Don't Be A's (Gus, don't be the American adaptation of the British Gus.) and Lassie's 'I'd Rather's (I'd rather shower with a bear.)  all the way to Shawn's nicknames for Gus. (Gus 'Sillypants' Jackson, Gus T.T. Showbiz, Nick-Nack, Lavender Gooms, Scrooge Jones, Hollabackatcha, and many more.)





Psych just aired a 2 hour special recently which was a musical.  Psych The Musical.  It was awesome!!

P.S. don't forget to look for the pineapple in every episode.

Other Shows That Are Faves:
  • Lost (No longer airing)
  • Community
  • Castle
  • Pretty Little Liars
  • Monk  (No longer airing)
  • Vampire Diaries (The older seasons were way better)
  • Merlin (I'm pretty sure there are no more seasons coming which saddens me)
  • The Office  (No longer airing)
  • New Girl
  • Grimm
  • Warehouse 13
  • How I Met Your Mother (Wrapping up finale season)
  • Lie To Me  (No longer airing)
  • Sherlock
  • Doctor Who (10 was the best Doctor, and Donna the best companion)
  • Heroes  (No longer airing)
  • One Piece (There are so many episodes of this show it's impossible to catch up)
  • Agents of Shield
Okay, i promise i'm done with this list.  I just like a lot of shows, ok?

-XO Juls

Comments

Popular Posts