17: Highs and Lows of This Past Year

*I was saving this one until New Years, and then poof I forgot to do it until now.  But n'er fear it's only a day late.

17: Highs and Lows of This Past Year

How do 5 highs and 5 lows sound?  I say that sounds cool.  Although I don't know if I'll be able to come up with 5 lows, it's been a pretty kick butt year.  I will try my best though.

I don't want to depress you with all of the lows chunked up into one long list, so I'm going to balance it out.  One high and one low at a time.

1. 
High- 
My sister Janelle got engaged this year!  This is probably the most fantastical of all of my highs.  I'm so happy for them and am excited to be one of her bridesmaids at her wedding along with our other sister, Jennifer, in 2015.  Her engagement story is so cute too!  Her fiance Christian got a diamond wholesale and then had it cut and set in a vintage gold setting.  It's simplistic and gorgeous.  Then on 'engagement day' close friends and family were at his mother's cottage while they were on a hike where he popped the question.  Then they got to come back and we got to congratulate them.



Low-
Best friend breakup.  I know I talked about this in my last post, but it's something that takes time to recover from.  Suddenly you go from talking to this person about everything and trusting in them to having what feels like no one to talk with.  I know that's not true, I have amazing friends who are there for me and are willing to listen.  However, it takes time to build a friendship up to the level of where this one was and few other people in my life have known me as long as she has.  There are good sides to every situation in life, even this one, but I still sometimes find myself in the position of "Oh, you know who I could talk to about this?  Oh, wait, never mind, guess I'll keep it to myself."  (This especially happens with boy drama.  But shh let's keep that part hush hush shall we?)

2.
High-
Passion 2013 woot woot!  Last January I had the privilege of being able to attend the Passion conference in Atlanta, Georgia at the Georgia Dome along with a group from my church.   I got to grow closer with my friends that were with me and my new friends that were with me (That's a shout out to my Family Group, "Hey!"), found the fantastic Metro Cafe Diner and The Varsity, and got to experience the overwhelming impact of worshiping with 60,000 other believers along with Chis Tomlin, David Crowder, Lecrae and more.

Low-
My grades this past year have been, how shall I say it?  Less than exemplary.  I've since been working to bring them up in my adjustments to my surroundings and am currently taking a winter class.

3.
Low/High-
It's hard to explain how this works if you don't already understand.  It is a low because a friend of my family passed away recently.  His name was Bob and he and his wife started the camp I used to go to every summer.  His son & daughter-in-law and grandchildren now run the camp.  He had grown sick over the past couple of years and could no longer care for himself.  He is probably the first person close to me to die, someone I conversed with and looked up to.  But I know he was strong in his faith and loved Jesus, so when he passed those that know him can be assured that he went home to Heaven.  For that reason I can see this as a high.

4.
High-
Repainted my room!  This might seem trivial to some, but to me it's a new lease on life!  A refreshing change, an expression of me in room form.  Technically my room overhaul is still underway.  New curtains still need to be found, pictures need hung on walls, and my window seats still need repainted.  Overall ,though, my room feels warm, homey, and almost like a mini bookstore.  I'm still in the process of moving my books from the box in another room in our house back onto my shelves.  (secret obsession much?) If my room was anywhere near tidy I would take a pic to show all of you wonderful people the majestic wonderland I've created. Maybe once the last few things are checked off the Room To-Do List I will.
P.S. It's french countryside inspired.

Low-
Umm... these are getting hard to come up with... how about the fact that I still don't own a Huskita puppy.  They're adorable, and perfect, and I will have one one day.  
Just look at that face!  Oh my word *swoons*


5.
High-
My internship this past year has taught me many things.  I even learned how to program lights. :O  I've grown close to many awesome people during my time.  I'm excited to see what lies ahead as I continue my internship this year.

Low-
I.O.U. one low.

-XO Juls

Comments

Popular Posts